Killer Last-Minute Appetizer – low stress and low budget!
Let’s face it, we all want to impress our friends and family when they come over, but we don’t have the time or money for elaborate appetizers. Problem solved! This recipe is guaranteed to amaze, and all while being budget conscious! Don’t forget to grab a bottle of 22 Pirates which pairs perfectly; it’s balanced and fruit forward which lends itself great to this rich and creamy dish. Let’s get started!
Cranberry Brie Bites:
These are easily the most requested appetizer from my friends and family. They are so yummy and are very easy and inexpensive to make. In fact, the entire thing takes about 15 minutes of active time and costs right around $13 total! Can’t beat that! Remember, this can be adjusted to fit your needs, taste, and budget. Have pecans at home already – use those! Check out the video to see how this is done, I used a dried cranberry and candied walnut salad topper and it turned out great! The name of the game is to keep things simple and use what you have. Remember, low stress, high fun!
- 1 tube crescent dough (8-oz)
- Cooking spray
- 1 wheel of brie (8-oz)
- ½ cup cranberry sauce (can use pureed or chunky)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (can be pecans, cashews, hazelnuts, or pine nuts)
- 3 springs of rosemary (pick off 2-3 leaves and use whole or chop up if preferred)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out crescent dough, and pinch together seams.
- Cut into 24 squares.
- Place each square into a muffin tin slot.
- Leaving the rind on, cut brie into small pieces and place inside the crescent dough.
- Top with a spoonful of cranberry sauce, some chopped nuts of your choice, and one little sprig of rosemary (or chopped rosemary if preferred).
- Bake until the crescent pastry is golden, about 15 minutes.
For just over $13, this is a great option for all! Note, this is assuming you don’t already have ingredients at home, so the more you are able to use in your pantry, the more affordable this becomes!
- $1.59: Crescent Rolls
- $5.49: Brie
- $1.79: Rosemary
- $1.99 Cranberry Sauce
- $2.49: Walnuts
- $13.35 Total
And there you have it! A simple, delicious, low stress and very impressive appetizer! Again, remember you can be playful with this. If you don’t have cranberry sauce but have raspberry jam, use that! Play with it and if you find an amazing new combination, don’t forget to share it with us! Lastly, pair your creation with a glass (or bottle) of 22 Pirates and it’s a match made in heaven!
Like or share this article: